My land lord sent me a eviction notice in the mail is there…

Customer Question
My land lord sent...

My land lord sent me a eviction notice in the mail is there anything i can do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He just sent me a letter of eviction threw the mail i was told he has to file in court am i wrong

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/29/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert who will assist you today. What type of notice, for non payment or expired lease.
it was something he printed up on line and mailed it to me
Do you have a lease? Owe any rent?
i dont have the phone available at this time
Ik
f it's an actual (eviction) petition and summons that you have been served with then it would have a court date or time to respond.However, if it is merely a notice to vacate, then it doesn't have to include a hearing date, although it would need to give you a time within which you are required to move. If the Landlord just wants move out and you have no lease, then it is a tenancy at will may be terminated by either party by giving notice in writing.The time of the notice must be at least as long as the interval between the time rent is due or three months, whichever is less.
If the notice is for not paying rent, the landlord may terminate your tenancy by giving you 14 days notice to quit in writing.There is no requirement regarding posting or mail. I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
If you have any other questions please just ask