I’m reaching out for advice according to face book personal…

Customer Question
Hi I’m reaching out...

Hi I’m reaching out for advice according to face book personal pictures have been leaked and charging me 500 to stop

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I just got off the phone with him asked me to go to Walmart get a card for 500$ to secure my account make sure they’re aren’t leaked by 11 tonight

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He’s actually running my laptop as we speak

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/29/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

That is illegal and extortion. You can alert FB security which should reset your account, change your password, and block this person from doing any further harm. No basis to pay such a scammer. If you know identity, can also file a police complaint.

Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable.

Awaiting your reply, thank you!