I am trying to get a copy of my dads last social security…

Customer Question
Hi, I am...

Hi, I am trying to get a copy of my dads last social security statement or 1099SSA to submit to a Veterans Care organization to qualify my dad who is 95 for Veterans Aid and Assistance program.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

What chain of command

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in TN dad lives in Fl do not have access to his DSS Statement and need it to submit on his behalf. I have power of attorney and Medical power of attorney for him.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/29/2017
Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Marsha411JD, Attorney

Thank you for the information. Can you tell me what you have done thusfar to obtain your father's SS statement? Do you know if he ever set up an online account with SSA?

No. He does not have an email account. When I tried to get the information from social security on line it reads that I can not get the SS statement on line. since dad do not have an email account How do I get the information. Can I use my email address as his as I have power of attorney for him without committing fraud etc?
I do not want to speak with you and pay an additional fee. I will go to social security office directly and find out what I need to do.

I didn't send you the phone call request, that was something that the Site sends out automatically. The Professionals on this Site are not employees of the Site so we have no control over what they send out in their communications. No need for a phone call.

That said, you have two options. One is to take your Power of Attorney down to the local Social Security Office and request that they print out a copy of his SS letter stating what he receives monthly. The other option is to set up an online account in his name. Since you have his SS number you can set up the account as if you were him. You can use your email address, but just be aware that if you also have an account in your name, it may only allow one account per email address. This is the link to set up an online account: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you set up the account, you can print his statement, or any other record that you need from his account from his account.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could reply to this message and let me know that I have covered your question, then the Site will give me credit for working with you today. Thank you

Marsha411JD, Attorney