Im still trying to find out how to get probate court to

Customer Question
Im still trying to...

Im still trying to find out how to get probate court to research relative of said property where a distance relative is claming to be only living relative

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I can present birth certificate and other relatives

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The property was under uncle name but it was family property of sisters and brothers

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/29/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Can you provide a little more info?

.

What do you mean you want the probate court to research someone? (the courts don't do that)

.

Has anyone filed a probate case to settle the estate of the deceased relative?

.

.

thanks

the nephew we found out that he was trying to claim property to get a loan we helped pay the back tax which he is trying to use as leverage I have paid 1 fee do not want to pay more
im still needing ansewer but cant keep paying 59$$

Don't worry about the phone call thing... I don't do them anyway...

So has someone died and they had land that you want?

.

And the nephew wants it too?

.

What relation is the deceased to everyone as that will determine who has a better claim to it?

I understand there was papers in probate court that nephew is claiming only living relative person name on property had no children not sure if it was listed as supposed air property

Ok, if someone filed to be appointed rep for the estate, it is that person who has to track down the heirs, not the court, and determine who inherits what. Default state law determines who inherits if there is no will and that is closest blood relative...

.

If the deceased had no children, then it goes up to their parents, then out to any siblings, then further out to aunts and uncles, then down to cousins and on and on out until someone living is found to inherit..

.

So if the nephew is closer in blood relation to the deceased than you are, they would inherit before you would..

How do i get probate courthouse to check relative claming to be only relative. Of uncle. Property

Again.... the courthouse doesn't do that type of thing for someone... they don't do that work for someone. It is the person who is appointed as representative of the estate who has to track down all the heirs who stand to inherit and notify them..

.

If you don't think that person is entitled to inherit, send a letter to the judge on the probate case and explain why you don't think that person should inherit and you should..