I don,t understand this random suspension paper proof of…

Customer Question
I don,t understand this...

I don,t understand this random suspension paper proof of liability insuranc

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Cleveland oh

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not till 01 -16-2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes my insurance was cancelled in oh and i have not been driving im a disabled senior on socia security i got more insurane too late fro the date they want

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
11/29/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The law says you must maintain continuous insurance on your vehicle. If your insurance lapsed and you did not have any, you need to send a reply to DMV that as you are disabled and not able to drive at this time, your vehicle was parked on private property and not driven and include the copy of the new insurance you have. However, that is a "mitigating" factor, not an actual defense under the OH mandatory insurance laws. BMV will review your documentation and if they do not agree to accept your mitigating excuse regarding your disability, the law gives them no choice but to suspend your license and then you would have to pay to reinstate the license when the suspension is over or since you are not driving perhaps consider letting the license go.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.