Is there an attorney that can help a service man stuck in…

Customer Question
Is there an attorney...

Is there an attorney that can help a service man stuck in turkey get money out of his personal bank in the states so he can come home and get meds cause he is sick. He is not in service at this time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I believe his bank account is in Alabama,

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have no idea. I do know he said he contacted the bank and they say it is inactive and he has to do it in person and they will not even loan him enough out of it to come in on plane.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have no money to pay to get him help, i have sent him money for food and meds but he is sick and needs medical attention. He says his bank says the amount in his account if $4.5 million and he is willing to pay but can not get any out.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/29/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 7 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Do you know this man personally? That is, have you actually met him in person? Or is your interaction with him entirely through the internet / phone calls / etc...? How did you meet this person in the first place?

i have only met him on internet and i know what you are saying, i have heard it before, so if you do not want to talk to him and see if you can help then refund my money and no more said. you are an attorney you should be able to find out if it is real or not,
you are going to just keep adding charges to me............I do not have $59........he said you would not help...........he has tried before.........never mind........that i could get help.........just refund my money and forget it. I guess he will just die there
after serving his country............I can not call am at work and he only has military phone and that is only for texting and emailing no calling at all

I assume you were presented with a phone call offer. This is system generated (I have no control over it) and you have no obligation to accept it. We can certainly continue here.

So if I understand you correctly, you're not willing to even entertain the idea that this is a scam, and that if I'm going to say that then I should just refund your money, correct?

No i am not willing to say this is a scam. He can give you ID to prove he was a Sgt in the Army and worked in communications. I have promised not to give his ID out to anyone.
just forget it and refund money............

Okay. I'm going to opt out then, but after giving you this free advice... It's not that I've "heard it before" but I've heard it before many, many times. Through this site I've encountered literally dozens of people who have "won" a lottery in another country that they never actually entered. Or a couple dozen who have "inherited" money from a distant relative in a different country. Or have fallen in love with a person that needs money to travel, to get their money out of their country, to be released from prison, etc... Or have encountered military members who need money to be granted leave, etc... I have personally assisted over 100 people in these types of scams. And none have turned out to be true. They've all been scams. But I've also helped literally thousands in actual legal situations. The point is that I have plenty of experience in knowing what is real and what is fake.

The main problem here is that you won't even consider whether it's a scam. IDs can be forged. Unless you have the original in your hand (not scanned) and you're absolutely sure that it belongs to the person that you're talking to, then it's probably forged / photoshopped / etc... I've seen my fair share of those. Every scam uses something to comfort you and make you more likely to believe that it's legitimate. But they're still scams.

I will opt out now and refer this to customer service, as you have asked for a refund. But again (this is free advice here, so I get nothing one way or the other): at least consider that he might be scamming you. I've never actually encountered anyone worth 4.5 million that can't get their money out the bank and don't have anyone else closer to them than a stranger they met from the internet to give them money to get it out. I've never seen it, and I've never even heard of anyone else actually seeing it. Every single time (100%) of the first and second hand accounts that I know of have been scams. Maybe your situation is not a scam, but at least consider that I do this for a living, and I've never even encountered such a situation that was not a scam. So I hope that you can at least consider that it's possible that it is a scam.

I wish you the best of luck here. I am referring this to customer service for a refund.