I received a response on 11/23/2017 pertaining to my mother…

Customer Question
I received a response on...
I received a response on 11/23/2017 pertaining to my mother in law being in a religious cult, well I went there myself on the 27th on November and I found that she is in fact is in a compound. However, these individuals had her sign papers that she really didn't know what she was signing, my mother in law is 92 and can barely see, however the are trying to get complete control of her financial, they are moving her bank account but, wont tell her where or when, they have requested checks be sent to them without her knowing. my question is how do I get this paperwork revoked she is willing to do what it takes, I must tell you the only problem my mother in law has is that she cant see, she has all of her faculties.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for requesting for my assistance once more.

You need to prepare Durable Power of Attorney for her to sign revoking ALL previously granted Power of Attorney and appointing you her Power of Attorney. With this document, you would go to the bank to stop anything this cult is trying to do with her money. You can obtain sample Durable Power of Attorney forms from the following sites:

lawdepot.com

uslegalforms.com

lawguru.com

Also and more importantly, you need to remove her from there and find another place for her.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

You also need to file complaint against this organization with Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. Click here to file report with the hotline.

http://health.mo.gov/safety/abuse/