I paid a lawyer 21000 to retain he said he would work on 2…

Customer Question
I paid a lawyer...

I paid a lawyer 21000 to retain he said he would work on 2 cases..he did absolutely nothing time limitations expired billed me for 24000 i almost 100 percent positive i never signed a contract..it took him a month to make up false billing how do i get a copy of my contract immediately..to prevent him from falsifying that also

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I paid a lawyer 21000 to retain, he said he would work on 2 cases..he did absolutely nothing.,time limitations expired billed me for 24000 i am sure i never sighed a contract..it took him a month to falsify his bill.. i would like to get my copy and see original contract before he can forge something..i would like to sue him for legal malpractice

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

Hawaii and i do have a copy of everything

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had filed myself .he was to go from there

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/29/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

You can report the matter to the Office of Disciplinary Counsel (ODC), which is the regulatory agency for attorneys in Hawaii. Usually, a phone call from the ODC to the lawyer will resolve a dispute, because the alternative could be a suspended or revoked license to practice law.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!