Can I sue a doctor for not following up on a prescription he…

Customer Question
Can I sue a...

Can I sue a doctor for not following up on a prescription he prescribed.?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pharmacy told doctors office insurance will not pay for a presciption.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It was on a Saturday when I went to pick up med , and his answering service told me he does not take calls regarding prescriptions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Alot. Not the first time it happened.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Generally, no, you can't sue a doctor for that. Doctors can't control whether a pharmacy actually fills your prescription after they submit. If they fail to submit it that's a different story. If I tell you otherwise, I'll be lying just to make you happy. With this set of facts (you didn't allege the doctor did anything wrong), if you sue for that you'll lose and your doctor will come after you for legal fees.