Municipally owned private conservation easements require…

Customer Question
Municipally owned private conservation...

Municipally owned private conservation easements require monitoring. I find nothing in Connecticut State Statutes defining the time interval required to assure landowner compliance with their CE restrictions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Our municipality holds 2 dozen such CE's and is trying to establish a monitoring program. If none exists in Connecticut State Statutes are we free to develop our own ordinance? We are a Board of Selectman town w/o town charter.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I am going to see if I can help you. It appears that a municipality can have a plan for open space. I found a detailed plan for the town of Lisbon. Would you like me to share the link with you, and you can let me know if it is helpful to you?

I found one too from another town, but yes, send it. thank you. You say "it appears". From what indications do you reference that opinion?

I am saying appearing for three reasons: (1) you stated that the state Statute is silent on it; (2) another municipality is pursuing it; and (3) comparing a reference to an assessment statute: Section 12-107 of the Connecticut Statutes allows a community to assess land by its use (farm, forest, or open space) indicating that land can be designated in various ways by a municipality.

Obviously, this is a precursor to extensive research an attorney would have to do if you wanted a legal opinion, which is beyond the scope of this site.

Did you still want to take a look at the link? I still think it would be very helpful to you. Do you have any further questions?

If there is no charge, send the link please.

There is no charge for the link. There is a charge for this question. I presume you know that, right?

No. I assumed the $5 initial charge was for an answer to one question as a "Trial" before signing up for one of the options.

he $5 is to notify an expert to chat with you. Then once a chat begins the additional money you provided is deducted. I get paid if you rate our chat 3-5 stars for spending time with you and discussing the issues. Overall, if you are not satisfied you get all your money back.

I feel a bit trapped as I am a first user of this site and saw nothing indicating any charges for asking a question. What is being assessed to my CC account? Before contacting you I researched CT State Statutes, saw towns which had ordinances and downloaded them (Lisbon was not among them). I'm was looking for "new" information to answer the question.

I am an expert on the site and use it like you do. I am not involved in pricing. Would you like to contact customer service to resolve any payment issues?

I await customer service to resolve payment concern. e-mail me with the means to contact them as it is too late to continue the discussion. ***@******.***

Just Answer Customer Service:

(###) ###-####/p>

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

_________________________

Now to attempt to resolve the issue you offer another $59 phone call? While corresponding to Atty Bosco, there was no indication of cost. In e-mails sent to my computer,apparently in conjunction with my communication in the "chat room" with him, cost was mentioned. However, I am NOT reading e-mail after each response. I am waiting for an answer to my question in this format I currently am using with you.Atty Bosco gave me the same information I had already gleaned from my research prior to the inquiry. I had reviewed CT State Statutes. I had read other towns ordinances. For him to repeat this research offering yet another town -Lisbon - offers me nothing except for his admission I'd need an attorney for more extensive research.

Hi again: I will let customer service know.

Tina, Lawyer