I'm looking for old court records on two arrests I've had.

Customer Question
I'm looking for old...

I'm looking for old court records on two arrests I've had. Are these findable by me myself or do I need a lawyer to find them. One (2005) I can pinpoint myself and one I can only guess at (around 1994, 1995 - ish).

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

California. As I said, one was in 1995-ish, the other in 2005. The first was in Los Angeles and the 2nd was in San Francisco.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The first one, I hired an LA lawyer (don't remember who) to try for me. When he went to my court date, he said it never came up in the docket. The second one, in SF, I was told would be negated if I went to a one-day class about solicitation. These both came up in a check on my fingerprints while applying for a Global Entry card, although they claim the first arrest was in 1978. I don't believe I was ever arrested in 1978.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They were both for solicitation, although they may have been called something else. Global Entry wants to see the judgements on both cases. I never received anything and I wouldn't have kept it if I had.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Have you search the county clerk's website for any records related to your past?

Have you done a background check with the FBI?

No to both.
Mostly because I don't know how.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: OK, thanks. In San Fransisco, you cannot check your records online. You have to submit a request for all of your records in writing, in person, or by fax. You can find the information here: http://www.sfsuperiorcourt.org/divisions/criminal/obtain-criminal-records

In LA, you can do a criminal defendant search online (https://www.lacourt.org/paonlineservices/criminalindex/publicmain.aspx?), or you can make a request in writing in person or through. To do it online, you'll have to register and use a credit card.

As for an FBI background check, here is how you get your criminal background: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks. Note that you will need to get fingerprints done and sent to the FBI with your form.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Remember that the rating is not based on the outcome you wanted or desired, but instead, on my service to you. Negative ratings are reserved for Experts who are rude or unprofessional.

Do you need more help?

Thank you!