I am in FL and I live with my 80yr mother. my mom is out of…

Customer Question
I am in FL...

I am in FL and I live with my 80yr mother. my mom is out of town visiting my younger sister. She has a letter stating that i am to act as her "Agent" while she is away. I need to go sign more documents for her car loan. Which is her name. But I went to the dealership with her and i know about it. All the bank documents were signed online. Now the bank is unhappy because she didn't come in? i thought that is why e sign was developed?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

She has really bad rheumatoid arthritis and trigger finger. Now the bank wants her to com e in and sign more documets because the signatures dont match. my older sister and i had to help her at the dealeraship. FL Pre-owned 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She checked with an Attorney. She was told that it was called an Agent and nothing has to be filed. I would not be a POA because I am not making life decisions for her. She is in VA. I am going to bank with my documents. The dealership called and said the bank wont fund the loan because mom never went in. It was not a requirement of the loan. She is under Drs care for her hands She is 80. And she gets upset easily and embarassed. The dealership was ab solutely horrible tyo us when we would not finance with them. They didnt do her title work right. If I hadnt checked the invoice paperwork before she signed they ripped her off $700. She wants no more dealings with the car. She is still so upset.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is just we are being treated like criminals and we didnt do anything wrong. I do not want to tell her she has to leave my sisters to take care of this She will have a nervous breakdown. I cant have that

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what can I answer for you?

Did you read my question?
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor left.

You ARE her PoA, and PoA is an agent. So you have this whole thing confused, which is causing the issue perhaps. Your mother can sign a notarized PoA agreement granting you the authority to transact business on her behalf (not a medical care or healthcare PoA), specifically her accounts. If you get her to sign a notarized PoA then the bank would need to take that and accept it for you to act as her agent on her behalf.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

The dealership wants to take my mom"s car fri. They think the bank isnt going to fund the loan.I dont undersrtand why legally I can"t take care of th3e problem? Their is nothing on their website when e sign for the bank draft. That you have to come into a branch. i am trying to help my 80 year old mother. I think the bank is worried about her signatures looking different. She has 3 medical conditions affecting her hands. We live in FL. She left m3e with a document that I am to act as her agent while she is in VA visiting my younger siaster. She hasnt6
You are wrong on FL
POA makes life and death decisions. An agent doesnt

Thank you for your reply.

You are talking about a Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare and I am talking about something completely different. If you would like help fine, I will help, but if you are going to want to argue with us, that is not why we exist.

What I am telling you is that you need a "General Power of Attorney" form, NOT A DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY Form. A Durable Power of Attorney allows the "agent" to make healthcare as well as other decisions.

The General Power of Attorney is appointing an "agent" for determining financial, real estate or other matters for someone else. If you would like the form for that, we could even provide it to you as it would give you the authority to transact business, finances or even real estate (anything you specify) as your mom's agent.

Again you still did not read the question. i am not taking Power of Attorney. I am an Agent 2 separate things Sir. it doesnt need to be notorazed because it is family. try Goggle next time.

You simply misunderstand what the "google law school" you are using is saying. Not only did I read what you said, I know exactly what the form is you need to correct the issue.

I had the form ready to send you, but as you already just know everything, I cannot continue to assist you. I am very sorry, this site is not for everyone and I believe you may need to go to a local attorney's office (hopefully mine) for them to do the form for you as it may be better for you.

Good luck to you, as we are done and I choose to opt out.

Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
The previous contributor is correct. Whether you call it agent or POA, you don't have the authority to take any action ok behalf of your mother for any reason unless she has given you the power in writing. The appointment as her agent must follow the rules of your state. A general POA would allow you act as her substitute in all matter. A healthcare POA would allow you to make decisions on her health.
get the appointment as agent or POA signed by your mother in the presence of a notary and you will be able to handle any and all business for your mother!!!
If I have provided you adequate guidance, please reward me with a positive rating so I can get credit and close out this session. Thanks!!!
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer