Accidentantly, I hit the neighbor house. Little damage on…

Customer Question
Hi Lawyer's Assistant: Hi...

Hi

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Accidentantly, I hit the neighbor house

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Little damage on the front porch

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I claimed the incident cop gave me the citation

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How to deal this and what are next steps?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Neighbor is talking that he will speak to lawyer regarding damage?
What could be the worst situation?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. have you contacted your auto insurer yet about this situation?

I did. I have 50k property coverage on my insurance?

I see what you mean. If this is the case, then unless there were some physical damages to any of the people inside or outside the building as a result of you hitting the house, then there is not going to be much to worry about. Your insurance will actually cover you for those damages and if they did decide to sue you, most insurance overages will provide an attorney to help defend the claim. If there was only a little damage to the front porch, your policy should cover everything that is involved, including the repair of your vehicle. If you're already working with the insurance company, then you have already taken all of the necessary steps that I was a lawyer would recommend that you take. What other questions did you have for me?

Hi, just checking in.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

How much fine and points on my licence for NC GS 20-154(a)
I received that while incident

I understand. There's no fixed amount of points. The judge is going to be the one that determines this and the amount of points are going to be determined by the amount of damage done. The fine is anywhere between $200 and $500 depending on the damage as well. What other questions did you have for me?

Do I need to go court? Or I can get the fine by mail or online with citation number?

Usually, you won't need to go to court for something like this; however, you may receive something in the mail telling you exactly whether this is the case or not. If the state feels as if this was a serious issue, then they'll ask you to come to court. Otherwise, they may allow you to just pay your citation online bby a certain time frame.

Does it impact my jobs in future?

Hello, thanks for coming back. It probably won't unless you are going for a job that requires you to drive. They care about that stuff; otherwise, you should be in the clear, but it depends heavily on the preferences of your employers. Any other questions?