On April 7, 2017 I fell going to my car after work. I woke…

Customer Question
On April 7, 2017...

On April 7, 2017 I fell going to my car after work. I woke up about a week later in ICU. I remained in the hospital through April 28, 2017. My hospital and doctor bills are in excess of $150,000. I was insured through a temporary commercial health policy beginning on 1/1/2017. All of my premiums were paid. To date the insurance company has paid nothing. The commercial health insurance provider has not provide me with an explanation of the status of my claim. Several healthcare providers have tried to intervene on my behalf, but have not been able to get satisfactory explanation of the status of my claims either. Meanwhile I have huge bills outstanding and health care providers getting a bit aggressive about me paying them. I’m ignorant of the medical billing – insurance process and I’m trying to get an idea of where I stand and what I should do.
Thank you. I am in Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

VA. No car involvement I fell before I reached my car.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. j Although I fell in an EMT parking lot and was examined by them so they may have made a note of it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I understand
I don't think this is a service I'm interested in. Can I please cancel my free trial?

Hi, I'm sorry for any confusion. The system requests a phone call from you automatically. It doesn't come from me. You can have a membership with a free trial if you like (I think), but our customer care team can help you with that. I can still answer your question if you are interested. Let me know:-)