Great show. Great service. I need my FICO score and have…

Customer Question
Great show. Great service...

Great show. Great service. I need my FICO score and have been impressed with Credit karma. However, they want my social security number. Should I be concerned?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

New Hampshire. I made the inquiry yesterday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I am just reticent to give anyone my SS#.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
ANSWER: If you're looking for your credit score and you're concerned about giving your SSN to an unknown company I would go directly to the credit bureaus - Experian.com for example. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney