Need advice. My daughter owns a day care center but because…

Customer Question
Need advice. Lawyer's Assistant:...

Need advice.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My daughter owns a day care center but because of state compliance points she had to give up the business for 3 years. She hired a consultant that owns 40% of the stocks and as her mom I own [email protected] and another partner owns 20%. The person that is serving as director has been caught with fraudulent activities where she had her grandchildren listed as part of the center, she swiped the card so that she could get paid for them attending but they never attended as she stated. She is also spending company monies for her personal gain. Columbus Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The person has spoken to the state compliance person for licensing but not to the account. She has admitted and stated that she would pay the state back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has been asked by me and the other partner to send us all of the files with finances and she states she can get until this week. She also has placed supposedly a lawyer on as owner of the business for licensing of the center without the other partners knowledge

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.