I was working at Vic's in Laurel,Ms witch is KFC. I put out…

Customer Question
I was working at...

I was working at Vic's in Laurel,Ms witch is KFC. I put out pork chops with gloves on they said that I was wrong I did not see that it was .Then they told me that. To go home for the day . I clocked out and left ,to gett my pruse from the back of the store to take the apron off and they told me to come back on THursday at 8am, because the suchule wasnt made . I came back to work they had me off the schule and she also said that she too me off the the schule and then tell me too wait in the lobby . I wait 2 hours then she took me in the office and told me to give her a week to make a deciede. She said that the big man was stainding there and she have to wait on them to deciede. now 2 weeks went by I dont know what to do ,and rent going up and they had me doing so many things at one time. They said that they were going to have a meeting a day before all this happen and they didnt and now I am out of work I asked the manger Breanda Bendra about my job several times she didnt tell me I was fired are not she gave me the run arounds. Ithink they think I am slow and they all just picked on me until they got me out of there.Because Icalled the other day and she said be looking for somthing eles.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Partime

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I fill like Iwas being picked on Cause of my Disablity.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you so much for your patience. Generally, employers have the authority to discharge an employee with or without notice at any time and for any reason or no reason at all. If you had put out the pork chops incorrectly, then they could use that as grounds to terminate you. However, employers cannot discriminate on the basis of disability. If you feel like they did and you have some evidence to support that contention, then you would have a case of employment discrimination which is prohibited under state law and under the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission field office in your area will serve as the agency that would oversee the complaint, should you decide to file one. There are some basic processes that the EEOC files that I think you should be aware of, and I have listed them below:

The initial pre-complaint process can be found at 29 C.F.R. §1614.105. This is the process whereby you may bring this action to an Equal Employment Opportunity Counselor within 45 days. The Counselors must advise
individuals in writing of their rights and responsibilities, including the right to request a hearing after an investigation by the agency. The process may go through informal mediation wherein the employer and the employee try to come to a reasonable agreement. It’s voluntary and I highly recommend it in most cases.

Regardless, the EEO Counselor will issue a report based on their initial findings. Once the employee receives notice of the findings, they have 15 days to file a formal complaint.

The formal complaint process can be found at 29 C.F.R. §1614.106-108. Basically, the EEO will conduct a full investigation and come up with a Report of Investigation. The employee has the right to request an administrative hearing with an administrative judge after receiving the ROI or they may sue in a federal district court. Mediation is always still on the table. If the parties cannot mediate, then the parties will go through the administrative process or a federal civil proceedings and then the judge will issue a “Final Agency Decision” (for administrative hearings) or a ruling (for civil actions) If the employee doesn’t like the decision, then they can always appeal. A quick Google search will reveal your local EEO office so check that out.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

I need your phone number please so that i can talk cause i AM AT THE LIBARY

I understand. If you'd like to talk, we have to engage in a premium service. The system may ask you whether you would like a premium service. It's $59, but I can assure you that you'll find extreme value in our phone call as your time is unlimited and we can connect within the hour. Let me know if this is what you're interested in.

To: ***** ***** may concern this a situation that happen to someone else it didn't happen to me so I don't know whom this situation happened to or better yet I am not aware concerning this matter I would Appreciate that someone wouldn't give false information toward the wrong person.

Hello, I have reason to believe that the person with whom I was working previously has left the computer. Thus, I will be available when and if that person comes back on. If it is you that sent the last message, please let me know how I can help. Thanks.

This situation didn't happen to me I don't know to whom this situation happened to.

Thank you.

Tina, Lawyer