Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Is it legal to file a ucc on a minor in Texas

Customer Question

is it legal to file a ucc on a minor in Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Nisha Jones replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I've reviewed your question, and I'm happy to help.

Can you please clarify what UCC violation you are referring to?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Our bank filed a UCC on our son (16) using our collateral. Cattle horses eat. He is 18 now and went to get a loan but another bank had filed a UCC on him and was denied the loan for that reason.

I'm going to opt out of your question so that another expert can assist you. Take care!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
cattle and horses
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

A UCC would not be valid against a minor as basically this is a means to collect a debt owed under some contract. Texas does not confer on minors capacity to enter into a contract.