Is it legal to file a ucc on a minor in Texas

Customer Question
Is it legal to...

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I've reviewed your question, and I'm happy to help.

Can you please clarify what UCC violation you are referring to?

Our bank filed a UCC on our son (16) using our collateral. Cattle horses eat. He is 18 now and went to get a loan but another bank had filed a UCC on him and was denied the loan for that reason.
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm going to opt out of your question so that another expert can assist you. Take care!

cattle and horses
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

A UCC would not be valid against a minor as basically this is a means to collect a debt owed under some contract. Texas does not confer on minors capacity to enter into a contract.