I have an issue i dont know the best way to resolve.. my…

Customer Question
I have an issue...

I have an issue i dont know the best way to resolve.. my sons mom has been sometimds crashing at my place and leaving him and his sisters with me when shes at work..she doesnt make them bsthe and, lives in filth.. was told she was getting evicted.. well i had my son yesterday and learnrd she leaves her 2

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

10 year old home alond after school so i went over there to checkup.. got there all her furniture is gonr and the place is trashed.. when i asked her where she plannef on going she ignored me sayong she was tired and going to sleep.. what should i do

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Norfolk vs

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Va

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please, clarify:

1) How old are the children?

2) Are there formal custody orders in place, or, not? Who is the "managing" custodian?

3) What are you trying to do here, i.e. what is your goal?

My son is 4 his sisters are 10 and 14 she has full custody pn all.. i get visitatiob on my son 1 day a week.. i plan on putting my kid at my home or atleast with someone that wont neglect the kids..her ex husband is stationed in japan so his new wife has power of attorney

Thank you. What someone in your situation can do is file for modification of custody, asking for you to have the children. See HERE. The Court will consider changing custody and giving it to you if you can prove that:

1) There's been a material change in the situation since the last court order, and

2) It is in the best interest of the children. See link above for more.

Ergo, someone in your situation may wish to consider filing such a petition. Using an attorney is recommended, but not mandatory. Let me know if you need leads to pro bono/low cost attorneys in VA.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.