We need to contest my father's estate in he died from

Customer Question
We need to contest...

We need to contest my father's estate in ky he died from Alzheimer and his wife of 3 yrs put him I jail right before he died which lead to his death she married him knowing he was sick took him to Tenn for the martiage and changed alot of stuff we had to get guardenship yo bring him to toledo and jidpic and she never call about him or any thing and we need attorneys in my now

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentury

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

We have the guardenship papers and from doctors in Lexington hospital and the police

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We just need help getting this stated in burksville ky cause we all live in Toledo Ohio Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this and for your loss.

You can find a local lawyer to file a will contest here.The lawyers all have ratings so you can see what you are hiring.

https://www.lawyers.com/wills-and-probate/burkesville/kentucky/law-firms/

In order to contest a will in Kentucky, you must file a petition in circuit court, as opposed to the original county district court. Additionally, you must file a notice with the county clerk where the district court originally admitted the will.

The notice must include the name of the deceased, the court where petition was filed, the case number, the nature of the petition and the date. The notice must be signed, and in some counties you must include a fee.

Although Kentucky gives petitioners up to two years to contest a will, you must act more quickly to prevent the executor from distributing assets under the will. In order to prevent the appointment of an executor, you must file your petition in circuit court within 12 months from when the will was admitted.

If the executor was already appointed, you may prevent him from paying debts, dividing the estate or distributing assets under the contested will. You must also file a notice of the will contest with the original county court that approved the will.

Please contact a lawyer on my list above and get this contest started to protect your rights under the law.

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best.

'

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer