Indiana. Not yet I am thinking about it. I have a question I…

Customer Question
Yes Lawyer's Assistant: What...

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet I am thinking about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I have a question I want to file a complaint against my landlord because of poor management they change management recently and they did not have rent of August and September on file they said not to worry about it, they will straight things out with me it has been a month and the financial lady has not contacted me when I come to the office, she is not there they said not to worry about it, but the system kept sending me about the late fee also, I put in the request for the dryer as soon as I moved into the apartment, and they has not processed it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

When you say you would like to file a complaint against the landlord are you referring to suing in court for damages?

No, I just want them to straight things out with me, and if not, I want to break the lease with them.

Thank you;

in that case one would typically send a demand letter stating that they need an accounting which adequately reflects the rent paid, and any rent owing;

This explains tenant and landlord obligations:

https://www.in.gov/isdh/files/Tenants_Rights_doc.pdf

The landlord is obligated to maintain appliances that existed at the beginning of the lease.

If the landlord fails to maintain the appliances the tenant may sue in court for the repairs: please see:

https://www.indianalegalservices.org/node/315/warranty-habitability

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.