Did I read CRCP Rule 16.1 does not apply to case were either…

Customer Question
Did I read CRCP...

Did I read CRCP Rule 16.1 does not apply to case were either party has a claim in excess of $100,000, Is that true?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. I have a pending case currently being litigated at the Colorado District Level were the plaintiff's attorney is asking for "sanctions to be applied against me the defendant and have my counterclaim dismissed because I failed to supply correct discovery information based off of Rule 16.1"

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This case involves an HOA filing a "Judicial Foreclosure Action" against my townhouse and I am in need of a good civil attorney to litigate this case. Also under rule 16.1 I believe the rule does not apply since it also state it can not be used in any foreclosure action which is the HOA entire case against me.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Thats correct about the $100,000 limit.

Here is good article about changes to the rule.

https://www.dgslaw.com/images/materials/HolmeMay2004.pdf

You may try to argue the rule does not apply since it also state it can not be used in any foreclosure action which is the HOA entire case against me.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer referral

The Metropolitan Lawyer Referral Service offers lawyer referrals by telephone for several counties in Colorado. This service will set up a free 30 minute consultation with a lawyer that they feel meets your needs. However, this service does charge a $50 fee.

The El Paso County Bar, which includes Colorado Springs, also offers lawyer referrals by telephone. The El Paso Bar’s fee is $40, and your initial consultation is free. However, this service will only provide the referral – it will not set up your initial consultation. Another website for evaluating Attorney Referral Services in Colorado that may prove useful has a page specifically about Lawyer Referral Service in Denver County including one on available Online Lawyer Referral Services in Denver

Ray, Lawyer