My mother died in 1990. She previously had made a Last Will…

Customer Question
Hello: My mother died...

Hello: My mother died in 1990. She previously had made a Last Will and Testament in 1971. With me bnamed as ExecutoreIn her last

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

My mother had her Last Will and Testament made in 1971. She wanted my sister and myself to share and share alike. Now my sister is having financial trouble (all due to her own negligence). Since I am still living in my mother's house, my sister is pressuring me to sell the house so that she can get her share. Can she legally order me to sell the home even if I do not want to!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My mother named me as the executor of her estate since I am the oldest.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

sorry...I do not understand. Your mom died over 25 years ago? Is that correct?

If so, who is on title to the home today?