I was given a home by my .mother who has,a severe dr ugv…

Customer Question
I was given a home...
I was given a home by my .mother who has,a severe dr ugv problem.she is Bi polar and asked m e to come live her e at hee house .she fled in the middle of the night and literally dumped everything I own.lranu bg me 1 suitcase. She moved and 2 years later she pays bills from an undiclo sed locati in yet now wants the bills in.my name. How long do I have and lastly she forced me to pay her property taxes. Is this illegal
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
ANSWER: If she wanted you out of the house she would have to formally evict you, which would involve going to court. You do NOT have to put the bills in your name (and it would not be smart to do so). As far as paying property taxes, I'm not sure how she "forced" you to do that but getting someone else to pay your property taxes is not a crime. I hope I've answered your questions. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

I​s there anything else I can answer for you?