I have been engaged for 13 years living with her paying the…

Customer Question
I have been engaged...

I have been engaged for 13 years living with her paying the bills half of the mortgage all of the mortgage for The Last 5 Years multiple house repairs and replacing appliances am I entitled to anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Jacksonville Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not at this time looking for advice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Going our separate ways I have put a considerable amount of money in her bank accounts and now she says there's nothing wanting to know what my rights are

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you very much for your patience. Generally, unless you have a contract stating that you would have interest in the home, then if you are unmarried, then you don't automatically have any rights to the property. If your name is ***** ***** on the deed or the title to any property, then everything you provided will be determined to be a gift by a court. Of course, this changes if you had an oral or written agreement that says that in exchange for your payments, you would receive some interest in the property. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. What other questions did you have for me?