Can you tell me what is the penal code section that state…

Customer Question
Can you tell me...

Can you tell me what is the penal code section that state that 995 motion to dismiss must be filed 10 court days before the hearing in California? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes but I just need to know the code section

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: It is not in the penal code. It is located in the California Rules of the Court, as Rule 4.111 Pretrial motions in criminal cases: "

(a) Time for filing papers and proof of service

Unless otherwise ordered or specifically provided by law, all pretrial motions, accompanied by a memorandum, must be served and filed at least 10 court days..."

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

No other than CRC there is also a penal code soecific to 995. I have just misplaced it
hello
any luck?

No luck. Sorry. Can you tell me why the court rules are insufficient in this instance, considering it is a procedural question?

there is a wording in it that specifically says that if 995 is not filed within 10 court days the motion is dismissed. I am looking for that specific language. Can you ask that my money be refunded please? Thank you.
Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer