I have been married for 6 years with my husband 10 years…

Customer Question
I have been married...

I have been married for 6 years with my husband 10 years totall been a housewife for 9 of those years. Last week my husband was overly intoxicated and chocked me till I lost conciseness fell to the floor not carpet hard floor have a concussion because of that. He was in jail till Friday November 24th the judge gave him a bond of 2500 and told him not to have contact with me or he would go back to jail. He has been staying at his mom's well he did not pay the bills for the house we shared that I am in still called the land lord told her he had to move out so was not gonna pay rent . I have no income of my own totally dependent on him for years. What if anything can i do .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In regards ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that is all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
I am very sorry to hear this. If there are joint accounts either spouse may use that account for living expenses. Otherwise a spouse can petition the court and request temporary spousal support so that the bills can be paid while the parties are living separate and apart. Normally the court will want both parties to become self supporting if at all possible. Otherwise they will determine an amount of support that the obligor can afford that allows the obligee to maintain a standard of living that is compatible with that achieved during marriage.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information