Strange situation. Forced to relo to NC due to cost and am…

Customer Question
Strange situation. Forced...

Strange situation. Forced to relo to NC due to cost and am from Va. My car was totalled at stoplight right after arrival in NC, not my fault. My insurance advised they would get me rental as per my policy. I had to return to VA for business and all cars in the area sold out. Was hoping for enterprise rental since they allow you to drive one way at drop at destination. Unfortunately had to go with local co. never heard of and they gave me crap car and i dont believe i even signed a rental agreement. The car had tire problem, etc on way to VA requiring me to get professional help. Had to extend rental to tie up real estate matters, etc. and rental co wants their car back and insurance advises only pay till 30 nov. my est of arrival back in NC 8dec. Have nice other car left in VA and have changed plans. dont want to return or live in DC. What would happen if i left rental in hotel parking lot and picked up my car to relo elsewhere. if i go back to NC...wont have way to get back to va without purchasing car...or other rental. Cant afford another car. What to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: {} What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I was in va and am now back finishing real estate transaction, banking, etc. was going to relo to nc. accident happened in nc. have other car in va where i am now. what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

This is not about that...older car wrecked

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. Ok, so there may be an issue if you decide to leave your vehicle at a hotel parking lot and picked up your vehicle elsewhere. If you were authorized to keep the vehicle until 11/30, and there isn't a justifiable reason (e.g. car break down, illness, etc.) that would otherwise prohibit you from getting the car back in a reasonable time, they may allege that you are stealing the car or at the very least hold you in breach of contract. breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach.

what other questions did you have for me today?