I have a friend that's in jail right now for domestic

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a friend that's in jail right now for domestic violence she said he choke her... but she has done this 7 times to other guys just to get money she asked for $25,000 but the judge said that was to much just so he can get out and be on house arrest until court date PLEASE Help what should he do next?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Restitution I think thats what the money is for

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Does this defendant have a lawyer? Is the lawyer aware of the complainant's history?

but it's weird he did not use it during heading, instead he gave it to the prosecutor and she told the complainant and she jus wrote letters saying they came from the different men stating how good a person she is. But no investigation was done or anything. He has court on Dec 14 I'm we are just trying to see what should be done next due to lack of time
Hearing

The prosecutor believes the complainant, and that is his right. What the complainant may have done with others doesn't mean that the defendant didn't actually commit this crime. If the prosecutor believes he can prove his case against the defendant beyond a reasonable doubt, he will go forward with the case.

The fact that the complainant may have some kind of history pressing charges against other men to get money can be used by the defense to impeach her credibility when she takes the stand at trial. A jury will get to decide whether to believe the complainant or believe what the lawyer suggests about her.

The lawyer can do his or her own investigation before that time to see whether he can verify these acts of hers. The lawyer would typically save evidence like this for when it will make the most difference, which is frequently in front of a jury.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.