Can I ship wine from California, United States to

Customer Question
Guadalajara, Mexico?...
Can I ship wine from California, United States to Guadalajara, Mexico?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/27/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

It depends on the carrier; for example please see:

https://www.ups.com/ca/en/about/news/alcohol-shipping-expanded.page?

USPS does not accept wine; please see the list of prohibited items:

https://about.usps.com/publications/pub141/standard-prohibited-and-restricted-items.htm

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

What are the requirements to ship wine to Mexico? Is there a difference between shipping 8 bottles of wine or 12 cases of wine?

USPS does not allow the shipping of wine to Mexico unfortunately; if a privaet company is used, there specifications would need to be followed.

duties must be paid if a private shipper is located that will ship wine:

https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/reinounido/index.php/es/servicios-a-extranjeros/79

Does UPS allow the shippment?

According to the information on the link above they do ship wine. They may have certain packaging restrictions and if the wine is valuable there is additional insurance that may be purchased.

Can you tell me the restrictions?

After reviewing the policies in detail, they will only accept wine from those with a type 02 license that enter into a specific contract with the company and they must also certify that the recipient is over 21.

I have license 17 and 20, which is off site and wholesale, would those work?

According to the advisory they post, it requires a type 02.

https://www.abc.ca.gov/forms/abc616.pdf