What does an entry of appearance mean for the defendant. I…

Customer Question
What does an entry...

What does an entry of appearance mean for the defendant

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I received a letter that it was being filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: Entry of appearance is just a fancy way of saying the defendant or his attorney has acknowledged that they're part of the lawsuit. Typically an attorney enters an appearance to reflect that they are representing a party. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Hi. Do you have all of the information you need?