I was sold a 2014 Model Wall Oven as a 2017 by Sears. Any…

Customer Question
I was sold a...

I was sold a 2014 Model Wall Oven as a 2017 by Sears. Any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California. I was sold a 2014 Model Wall Oven as a 2017 Model. by Sears. Any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I told a salesperson.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I paid over $2,000.00 for the product.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: That's pretty outrageous frankly. You could consider suing them in small claims court but I would start with a call to the store - as well as to corporate - to see if there is something they would be willing to do that you would be happy with (a credit on a future product, an adjustment in the price). I would also let them know that you intend to report them to the State Attorney General's Office for deceptive practices if they aren't willing to work with you because what they did is truly inappropriate. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.