I had a minor car accident on Thanksgiving day I rear ended…

Customer Question
I had a minor...

I had a minor car accident on Thanksgiving day I rear ended someone, because my car would stop even after trying to brake

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This happened in New Hampshire Car is just 4-5 months old 2017 toyota highlander it has this automatic safety feature of "collission avoidance" it took control of braking my car, electronically, but didnt stop, and i lost the ability to stop the car myseld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I reported to Toytota this morning

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this a free service or anything i should know regarding how much will I be charged

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

What can I answer for you?

I have reached out because, of a car accident (minor) I had on November 2017. Its easier to explain on call - is it possible to call me at(###) ###-####

I sent you a phone request. As soon as you accept I can call you.

Looks like phone call is at an additional cost.

Yes. The phone calls are $59 - significantly less expensive than spending even a few minutes in the office of an attorney.

My question is as following.I recently leased a 2017 toyota highlander, which comes with lots of safety features, including, automatic collision avoidance/braking. we were at a stop light in Merrimack, NH waiting for the traffic to move. The car infront of me just went ahead, so I started moving and suddenly the guy infront of me came to a sudden stop, I tried stopping, while I was trying to stop, my car's automatic feature kicked in, "BRAKE" message appeared in Dashboard, but the car still wouldnt stop, it took control off my brake and when i pressed the brake pedal it wouldnt stop. I ended up hitting the car infront of me. My first accident ever! I called toyota today to let them know about the incident and filed a case with them. What should be my next step?

Your next step would be to contact your insurance company and let them know about the accident. You also would have wanted to file a police report for the accident and exchange insurance information with the car in front of you.

Ofcourse all of that is completed - My question is regarding how to handle this issue with Toyota, I heard from so many people that they are very hard to convince that this is their issue/fault.

You could hire an attorney to send them a letter but there's really no convincing a giant corporation without some evidence.

ok - thank you. I will think about it
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, your previous contributor left.

Did you have any further questions for us?

no

Thank you, ***** ***** not forget to leave positive feedback for the expert who assisted you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney