Can i sue a credit card company for falsely report to the…

Customer Question
Can i sue a...

Can i sue a credit card company for falsely report to the credit report company?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its my grandmother account and some how they are reporting it to my credit score

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

ok so can u answer my question?

Of course. Bear with me a moment while I review. I'm a slow typer so one moment...

Ok

Thanks so much for your patience. The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires that credit card companies and other debt collectors must accurately report information to the credit bureaus. The credit bureaus are also responsible for updating your credit report with accurate information. You could sue the credit card company for violating the FCRA, but you can also take action against the credit bureaus as well. What I would recommend is send each of the three credit reporting bureaus a request to delete this information from your credit report. If you click here, you can purchase a template that will allow you to send a copy to each one of them. It's only $10 for the template.

What other questions did you have for me?

none

Ok, that's good news.

There’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

3. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

4. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer