I had a wind storm claim through Liberty Mutual and I signed…

Customer Question
I had a wind...

I had a wind storm claim through Liberty Mutual and I signed a contract with Storm Guard for 5400. the rep told me all I had to pay was my deductiable and they will get the rest from my insurance company. we signed over the first check for 3400 they completed the work. lm sent another check for 1200. now roof company is saying we owe additional amount of 1058 because they didn't get the full amount from LM. are we responsible for this 1058?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisville ky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: Yes, if you signed a contract for $5400 the company is entitled to $5400 - whether they receive that amount from you or your insurance company. I wish I could tell you otherwise but if you keep that money they can just sue you for the amount they're owed - and you don't need that headache. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

we have sent in the amount of the contract and now they want an additional amount because the roof was steep. liberty mutual said send in pictures to get additional money.

Additional money you wouldn't be obligated to pay since it isn't in the contract. Yoiu'd only be obligated to make payments up to the contract amount. But definitely reach out to your insurance company if more work needs to be done.