I purchased a motorcycle and on the Bill of sale a vehicle…

Customer Question
I purchased a motorcycle...

I purchased a motorcycle and on the Bill of sale a vehicle listed as part of the transaction was not listed with vin or description. Also the dealer inflated the purchase price. Finnally the document for the lender which had a electronic signature had my signature from a previous agreement affixed. I never had the opportunity to sign a new agreement. Do I have a claim under Minnesota Law.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Minnesota and 2017 motorcycle which was used

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

It sounds like all sorts of things were done wrong in your case. You could contact the State Attorney General's Office and inform them that your signature was improperly affixed to a legal document without your consent.

If you're trying to get out of the contract you would want to argue that there was no legal contract made b/c the key terms in the contract were missing - a price, a description of the vehicle and your signature. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

I have contacted states attorney. I should just wait for response

Are you trying to get out of your contract?

If you're trying to get out of the contract, I wouldn't just wait for the state attorney general's office. They may pursue a claim against a particular company but you'll still need to seek legal action if you're unable to get them to let you out of the contract.