I would like to use the TSA when I travel. I am 78 years old…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to use the TSA when I travel. I am 78 years old and it will be a big help not to go through security with everybody else. Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

As a senior citizen, you still have to go through screening but you can have it expedited. Passengers 75 and older can receive some form of expedited screening. You may leave on your shoes and light jacket during screening. Passengers 75 and older who are unable to stand for screening will be screened through other security methods. You may also request a private screening if you'd like.

So you still have to be screened, but you have certain benefits which makes it faster and more private.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

There must be a mistake. I only want to use the TSA. DO I need a lawyer for that?

No. You asked a question on JustAnswer.com which is a website separate from TSA, and has experts in various fields including legal. Did you mean to specifically contact TSA?

My purpose was to contact the TSA. I dont know why you billed me $35 for something I already knew. In any case, our relationship is terminated. I dont need a lawyer nor any more advise from you. Thank you.