I was going through an eviction, however I bought back the…

Customer Question
I was going through...

I was going through an eviction, however I bought back the file from the apartment, and I'm currently still a resident there. However, I now have an eviction on my credit report even though I bought the file back and never moved is this legal.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

California, the issue begin in August, I wasn I wasn't going to renew my lease however in looking for an apt, I found there is an eviction on my credit report

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Paper work was sent to me, but my apt said if I buy back there wouldn't be an issue. I paid $900.00 they took the money and sent me to eviction. But. I still live there

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did you have any agreement that they would dismiss the eviction case if you paid what you owed?

.

Do you have anything in writing that documents this?

.

And I am assuming that you didn't go to court on the court date and they got a default judgment against you?

.

How long ago did this happen?

.

.

thanks

Verbal agreement, to dismiss it, I did not go to court, and this happened in August 2017

Ok, then your recourse here is to sue them for defamation, breach of contract and libel for breaking the agreement to dismiss and getting a default judgment against you when you had settled the matter.

.

If you were to file suit against them and seek punitive damages for their malicious and willful behavior, then I would opine a judge would rule in your favor, award damages, and order that the eviction judgment be removed and stricken from the record as improper.

.

.

thanks