My employer is refusing to pay for work that I did saying…

Customer Question
My employer is refusing...

My employer is refusing to pay for work that I did saying that it was travel time when it's inaccurate he disrespects and abuses the workers because they don't speak well enough English to defend themselves

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Marietta Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It's full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He's threatening me to fire me if I seek legal help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Travel time for work must be paid. If company refuses you may file a complaint in court, with the labor department, and can also have a lawyer contact the company. Not paying violate federal and state law, and company could be liable for penalties and legal fees.

Kindly let me know if my reply is fast and acceptable.