I contracted with Dorrance Publishing, Oct 3rd, 2016, The…

Customer Question
I contracted with Dorrance...

I contracted with Dorrance Publishing, Oct 3rd, 2016, The Company was to have my book completed by early 2017, I paid them all the money which was $6500+, it has been 1- year and 3-months and my book is no where ready for market.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in Florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, not as yet. What I want is to be released from my contract.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to file to have the contract void, return of my money.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/27/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You can send a letter voiding the agreement. If company refuses, you may file a lawsuit in state court, however since company is in breach it should agree and avoid incurring risk, bad press and legal fees defending such a claim, a point which may come across on a lawyer letterhead to the company.

Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable, and feel free to follow up.

Awaiting your reply, thank you!