We booked a hotel thru Travelocity for Santorini Greece. The…

Customer Question
We booked a hotel...

We booked a hotel thru Travelocity for Santorini Greece. The hotel was impossible for us to stay in because it was an incredibly steep climb from the street and then 4.5 flights of steep steps to get up to our room. Their site mentioned nothing of this nor did they mention that this hotel may be inappropriate for senior citizens or handicapped people. We are both seniors (72 and 66). We had to book a more appropriate hotel but neither the hotel nor Travelocity would refund any of the $1,200 we prepaid. I want to sue them to get back our money. We relied on their recommendations. Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

We are in NJ and Travelocity I believe is in Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The travel purchase was made in Aug 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No - only that the word Luxury should be taken out of the hotel description. It was dump and Travelocity gave it 4 stars.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Michael Bradley
You can sue in small claims court in NJ. Since they do business in NJ they can be sued in NJ