If my late husband gave me the house on a will 6 years ago,

Customer Question
If my late husband...

If my late husband gave me the house on a will 6 years ago, and since then I had prepared a new will on my name, can any other party contest the old will to take my property?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Rhode Island

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

What type of document are you refering

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have the documentation of the old will and the new will

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Not sure if I am waiting for your answer!!!

Did your late husband's estate ever go through probate?

How is the property currently titled?