I am a school bus driver in TX and just had an accident in…

Customer Question
I am a school...

I am a school bus driver in TX and just had an accident in NY while driving a penske moving van to help a friend move to Maine.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I was following her in her car when the moving truck she had rented for me to drive did not clear the bridge. the moving van is damaged, but no injuries to anyone. afraid i could lose my job, if points are over 10. i received 3 citations

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes in Port Chester NY on 01/10/2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a perfect driving record before this and did not sign any rental agreement for the truck. Also AAA routed us this way and no trucks were supposed to be on Merritt Pkwy and we were not told and didnt know that the bridges there are 125 years old.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/26/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

This can seriously affect your license in Texas.You need a lawyer , here is one in NY that specializes in this, they have a lot of experience, this is a small population so they maybe able to get at least some of these dismissed.

https://www.villanuevalaw.com/what-to-expect-in-port-chester-traffic-court.html

Port Chester is a Village Court which means it is a court of local jurisdiction. As such, it has the power to adjudicate lower level civil matters and some criminal cases. In addition, it has the power to hear traffic violations including speeding tickets and cell phone violations.

There are two judges that preside over matters in Port Chester.

I appreciate the chance to help you , prayers to you here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.