I belong to two political clubs--one is a neighborhood club…

Customer Question
I belong to two...

I belong to two political clubs--one is a neighborhood club and one is city-wide. Two people--also members in both clubs--ran for judicial delegate in the city-wide club supposedly against the judicial delegate slate in the neighborhood club and now are facing discipline. The neighborhood club is also trying to change their constitution to say that any member in office in that club cannot run "against" the endorsed slate or they will lose their office. What awe the rules regarding this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No--it's all internal club politics

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so--I've been told this could be illegal

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/26/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Of course

Great, thank you! Bear with me a moment while I review…