Is this confidential. I am a boss that had relation with an…

Is this confidential Lawyer's...

Is this confidential

Lawyer's Assistant: We keep all your personally identifiable information confidential and even have people that double check to make sure something doesn't slip through. Your question goes out to the Lawyer's and then gets published with the answer to help others with similar problems.

I am a boss that had sexual relation with an employee. I am fearing that she will be filing a misconduct on my part. I know it was a mistake, what should i do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I already informed my wife and we are working this out.

11/26/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

ok

Great, thank you! Bear with me a moment while I review…

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Generally, it is not illegal to have a sexual relationship with an employee. The main issue is whether you engaged in any actions as her superior that was harassing or discriminatory based on the person's gender. For example, if you ever indicated that if the person stopped sleeping with you that they may lose pay, a promotion, or otherwise be transferred, then this could be considered "quid pro quo" harassment. If you told her that she must sleep with you as a condition of keeping her job, then this could be outright harassment. My recommendation to you would probably be to detail your relationship in a manner that favors a consensual, non-harassing relationship and one that was not based on discrimination because of the person's gender. By this I mean the more that you can show that this was a decision made as adults by the both of you, the less likely you'll be considered to have engaged in misconduct.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Phone call session started

Hi, I'll call you in approximately 30 minutes.

thank you

Thanks again for the call!