I am looking to see of I can sue a car company for denying…

Customer Question
I am looking to...

I am looking to see of I can sue a car company for denying me a car. All of my documents are legal and they say they can only loan me the car for 2 months because my immigration documents is about to expire. I explained to them that I always renew this document every year but they still deny me. Can they do this legally?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

It's a company call carvana they are all over the USA but I live in ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet I just want to see if they can do this or not and see if I have a case to sue them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/26/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, legally no business has to sell anything to anyone in the US. If you have immigration status, you could not be denied a loan based on your status, BUT you could be limited in the loan if your immigration status is not permanent and was getting ready to expire (even though you say you were going to renew it and always renew it). Legally, they have a right to make sure their loan would be repaid and if you for some reason do not renew your immigration status they have no way to pursue you for the money due and that is a legitimate business reason for not approving the loan.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.