I live in the lesser Antilles. Paid for a truck bought on…

Customer Question
I live in the...

I live in the lesser Antilles. Paid for a truck bought on line from firm based in Dover, Delaware. This was in may. A lot of excuses and prommisses but still no delivery, no refund. Do I have to travel to the US to resolve this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Delaware. I paid for the truck on May 26 2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No, it is a used truck. The firm specializes in used cars and trucks.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Initial contact with the sales people was made using app. Then further specifics, like their bank Account, and prove of my payment using e mail

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/26/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You do not have to travel to the US if you use an attorney in DE to represent you and sue the company for refund of your money, otherwise if you choose to represent yourself to sue the company, you have to sue them in DE and would have to come to the US to do that.

Your first step should be to file a complaint with the DE Attorney General's Office, https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/fraud/cpu/

Also, at the same time file a complaint with the DE DMV Dover office,(###) ###-#### because they license all dealers and can sometimes assist and they do investigate fraudulent dealer practices.

If those two options cannot resolve the matter, then you need to get a local attorney in DE to represent you and sue the company and you can get a consumer attorney or general civil litigation attorney at the same site used by other attorneys http://www.hg.org

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.