Facebook has allowed someone to post a Facebook page using…

Customer Question
Facebook has allowed someone...

Facebook has allowed someone to post a Facebook page using my identity to scam people but will not remove the page. Can I sue FB

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in Mississippi but the fake FB page says that I give home loans in St. Louis

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have reported to Facebook over half a dozen times. Asking the, to remove page for impersonating me using my photo. They have refused

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If I can sue, wil

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/26/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Yes, you can use Facebook under the circumstances to force the company to remove the information and for any damages that you have suffered.

You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.