I'm from Canada. While I was in Los Angeles someone paid me…

Customer Question
I'm from Canada. While...

I'm from Canada. While I was in Los Angeles someone paid me $1,000 to go to him hotel room and have sex with him. Which I did. He paid me through PayPal. Now I have a charge in my account or the amount that he owes me. He won't send me the money that he owes me. I made sure he sent me the money before we did anything and told him I would leave if I didn't receive it. What can be done? I have screen shots his name is ***** ***** he used an email with the name Rob Oaks. I know him and his friends are all under the same house old clearly doing something illegal to make all that money that they flash around on social media trying to take advantage of young girls. Before this happened I also met his friend who lied to me and told me was in the NBA. He would text me large sums of money telling me to come it. When we had sex he did not me pay me after. Turns out he was lying and he wasn't actually a professional athlete. These guys lie to young girls like myself, flashing money trying to get them to come over and have sex with them and then leave them empty handed. After he was finished he tried to get his friend in the room and asked me if I wanted to make money after I was just with his friend. I got angry, upset and mad at myself and left. These guys are liars, scammers and doing illegal stuff in there house hold. What can I do about this! PayPal said there was nothing they can do about it. He owes me 1,000 for my service. The other guy does too but never paid me. I deleted most of the text excpdct an old message he sent me on Instagram of cash saying "come get this when your ready" is there a way to pull up old text messages I deleted? What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

In California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I called the police they said they couldn't do anything. I'd need to get to cour.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/26/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Unfortunately you are stuck here if the person got PayPal to reverse any charge. You engaged in a criminal act, prostitution, for money and the "john" apparently disputed the charge somehow and got it reversed..

.

So no law enforcement would help in the facilitation of a crime and no civil court would entertain trying to help you enforce an illegal contract..

.

You don't have a recourse here and if you engage in this type of activity in the future, you need to get the money in cash..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks

The selling of sex in Canada is legal, but the purchasing of sex is illegal in all circumstances. Is the law different in LA?

Yes, prostitution is illegal in the entire US except for licensed brothels in Nevada.

there's absolutely nothing I can do? Or no way to get that money back that he owes me?

Not if you were both in LA at the time that this occurred because it is considered a crime here and neither the criminal courts nor the civil ones would help you try to recover money for an illegal act..

Hello again,
.
I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.
.
Did you have any further questions I can help with?
.
.
Thanks much