Is a text legal to use. I signed a contract with a time

Customer Question
Is a text legal...

Is a text legal to use . I signed a contract with a time share . One I got home I changed my mind and ask to put it on hold. I called a week later since I didn't hear from any one . They contacted me when I was no long able to cancel the contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As far as?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. This happen in June . I had no idea how to pursue this if I can?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience on this. Generally, if you made an agreement in writing that you were going to purchase the timeshare, then you'll be bound to it, even if you did it through text message. However, you have to agree to all of the material terms of the contract before it becomes enforceable. Thus, if someone just asked if you wanted a timeshare and you said yes, but you didn't agree on a price, timeframe, time of performance, or anything else, then it is likely that those terms of the contract cannot be enforced at all. What other questions did you have for me?